Tuesday 4 August 2015

Top 5 tuesday - Favourite books

First of all before you read this I want you to know that there are no spoiler alerts! I have tried to keep the story telling to a minimum I mention a few characters and basic story lines but nothing about ending or scenes, I wouldn't want to tell you to much on here because then you wouldn't go away and read them!

All these books are my personal choice, they are my favorites at the moment and they are books I highly recommend however they will not be for everyone, that is obvious because everyone is interested in different genres or just may not enjoy a particular book. I will be doing some more book reviews on a huge range of books because I do actually read a vary of genres and authors, most of these are romantic novels but they all have their own ways of portraying Love and how it effects people, what problems and fun can come with loving someone. I believe all these books are pretty different despite them all being based around a love interest so if one isn't to your liking doesn't mean you won't enjoy one of the others.

The fault in our stars - John Green



Okay so I'm sure a lot of you have read this book or at least seen the movie!! But I still have to express my love for it, I am so in love with this book that I finished it the day I started reading it, I could not put it down! It's a brilliant love story that is guaranteed to bring you to tears. There are some amazing quotes in this book, I will give you a few of my favourites, "I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimise the casualties" "I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up my friends" and last one "my thoughts are stars I can not fathom into constellations" sorry if they are not perfect that's off the top of my head. This book is beyond amazing it's by far my favourite of all time and I would advice any one to watch it! I also think the movie is brilliant I've only watched it like 1000 time and know every word off by heart haha but defiantly check out the movie if you enjoy the book.

The hunger games - 



Okay so I know this technically counts as three books but I enjoyed the whole collection so I thought I would just put them together because you do kind of need to read all three anyway! I am not a huge Hunger games fan but I did really enjoy the movies so I thought I would give the books a go, I must say the books are a lot better than the movies, they go into more detail and quite a few big BIG parts of the books are missing in the movies, which is the case with a lot of movies made from books. Again I'm sure everyone knows what The Hunger games is about but if not then it is based around love but the main focus is the actual hunger games which is basically a fight and kill till you're the last one standing. There is a lot of drama and death in these books and an absolute amazing read, if you like the movies defiantly read the books because they are way better.

Girl Online - Zoe Sugg



So Girl Online, as you can tell from the title and the Author Zoe Sugg this is my kind of book, I love Zoe and I can relate to the blogging, cause I do love my blog! I feel like Zoe has kind of taken some of her life experiences and just added a bit of extra jazz, a young girl who lives two lives almost, one in the real world and the second online. Her blog is a secret which I can also relate to because I haven't told anyone -_- haha but she goes to America falls in love and has a few adventures it's a fun easy read I think, purely because it's easy to relate and that makes it really easy to get into the book and read it while relaxing! And I would get in there and read this book because the second one is coming out soon and I cannot wait to find out what happens next!!

If I stay - 



Yes again another sad love story! If I stay is about a young couple, the girl and her family have a tragic car accident (don't worry that not a spoiler!!) at the beginning and the whole book is based over the 24 hours after the accident, so each chapter is certain hours and it slowly unfolds how critical everyone is and the young girl has an out of body experience so is able to whiteness how her family, friends and boyfriend are reacting. I feel like I've said enough now! I don't want to ruin it. This is a book that will have you on the edge of you're seat biting your nails till the very last word!! There is also a movie of If I stay and it's a heart warming brilliant film that captures the book perfectly! 


Paper towns - John Green



Another John Green book! He is probably one of my favourite authors he has an amazing talent for writing and I haven't found a book of his that I don't like yet so really I would advice any of his books! Paper towns is a huge adventure, lots of fun and drsma. There is a hint of love in there but mostly just funny pranks, sneaky adventures and - good laugh. There is a movie coming out for this as well in fact if I'm correct it is out now and I am quite excited to see it, if its anything like the book I think it will be well hell of a movie.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and I have inspired you with some good summer reads! Leave some comments of your favourite books so that I can check them out.

Talk soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment