Tuesday 1 September 2015

Cake in a mug

I have seen these cake in a mug ideas all over the internet on Tumblr, Pintrest and most others to be honest! They are SUPER easy and quick to make, it's a cake for one person or two to share! I thought I had to give it a go and see if it was as easy as they said and if it did actually taste any good. So let's get into how to make this Cake in a mug! I didn't get this recipe from anyway particular I have just looked at loads of them and gone with my baking instincts (Tbh all the recipes are very similar)



You are going to need:
4 tablespoons of plain flour 
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of milk
A dash of vanilla extract
And finally 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips or anything you like, I used fudge bits yummy!

The next bit is what makes this so easy, just throw all of that together in a mug and mix. I decided to mix all my dry ingredients first and then the wet ingredients just because it will mix together a lot better this way! But that's up to you. 

Then pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes!! Yes just TWO minutes! Do not do it for any longer I am always tempted to put it in for longer because I don't feel like it will have cooked enough but it always goes dry and over cooked if I put it in for any longer!



And there you have it! A lovely gooey chocolate cake for pudding and it literally take 5 minutes to make, and this did taste amazing! Haha I will definitely be doing this more often!

I hope you have enjoyed a little baking blog, I am really enjoying these cooking/baking blogs you will probably be seeing more of them!!

Talk soon x

2 comments:

  1. This looks so nice I definitely need to try it!

    http://laurenashleighbarden.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete