Friday, 6 November 2015

Dating someone with Anxiety

I suffer with Anxiety, but absolutely everyone is different so I have tried to come up with a few tips to help anyone dating someone with anxiety, my boyfriend does a really good job with helping me through my anxiety. Hopefully these tips help you in some way, but you will need to adjust everything to each individual persons needs.

Reassure them all the time - This can be irritating, but it makes the world of a difference and they will appreciate it.

Keep them in the loop of your life -  This is one of my personal most important! I know it may seem clingy, annoying and maybe untrusting, however, letting them know where you are, when you get home and what you're plans are ect. This helps so much with keeping them calm and not having the worst case scenario in their head.

Text them regularly - This is sort of the same as keeping them in the loop of your life, just texting them to let them know when you're on your way, or when you get home. This may seem obnoxious but there brain will be grateful. This doesn't mean you're not aloud to have your own life.

HUGS!! - This one isn't a hard one, but after having an anxious stressful day a hug really can make a huge change. I know for sure that a hug makes me much calmer and happier.

Triggers - Now this is probably the hardest one, but finding out hat triggers there anxiety attacks will help you so much with keeping them calm and maybe even preventing the anxiety attacks. I think it can also help with sympathizing them and trying to understand how they feel.

No Surprises unless you KNOW it will make them happy - I love a surprise as much as the next person, but if you're dating someone with anxiety and you want to surprise them, again you need to get to know there anxiety and what triggers it. For example I am a huge lover of when my boyfriend brings me flowers or just shows up to my house, however, I would hate if he said he was taking me out for dinner because I stress about not liking anything on the menu so I like to check the menu before I got o any restaurant. Although at this point in our relationship I would be okay if he said that he was taking me out for dinner and he has checked the menu and that there is 100% one thing I will eat. So it all depends on the individual.

Be there - Simple and easy just be there if they need a cuddle, be there is they need a phone call. It can be really complex living with anxiety, it is hard to control and it can ruin any moment, so letting them know that they are not suffering alone and that you care can help keep them going.

These are just the few things that I could think of that may help someone suffering with anxiety there are obviously many more, if you do have any good ones then leave them in the comments for everyone to see!!

Talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment